- 200 gr. Qamardeen (Apricot Sheets) *
- 2 cups hot water (for soaking the apricot sheets)
- ½ cup cold water (for dissolving the corn starch)
- 2½ tbsp. corn starch
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp. orange blossom water or rose water (optional)
- Pistachios, almonds or shredded coconut (for garnish)
* Qamardeen Apricot sheets can be found at any Middle Eastern grocery store.
- Cut the Qamardeen sheets into small pieces and place them in a bowl. Add
the 2 cups of hot water, cover the bowl and let them soak overnight or for a few
hours until they have dissolved.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium sauce pan and pour the Qamardeen
mixture through it.
- Dissolve the corn starch in ½ cup of cold water and add it to the apricot mixture along with the orange blossom water and sugar (if using). Mix well until combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate before serving. Garnish with coarsely
ground pistachios, almonds or shredded coconut.