- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 - 5 tbsp. olive oil (*)
- Cold water (as needed)
- 60 - 70 Green or black olives, pitted
- Sesame seeds
- Whites of 1 egg (optional)
(*) Original recipe calls for 100gr. (3.5 oz of butter)
- Mix the flour, cheese, oil and water until you have a smooth dough.
- Take a small piece of dough; the size of a walnut, wrap it around the olive, dip
it in the egg white (optional), then roll it in the sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees F until they are golden color.
- Serve hot or cold.
Note: uncooked olive bites can be frozen in a single layer on a
tray or baking sheet then stored in bags or containers for later use.