- 1 cup dried chick peas
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayene pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Soak the chick peas in water overnight.
- Grind the chick peas, onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro.
- Add the spices and mix.
- Add the baking soda just before shaping and frying.
- Shape the mixture into small rounded patties either by hand or by using a falafel maker.
- Fry in hot canola or your preferred vegetable oil.
The Falafel mixture freezes well. Spices and baking soda should not be added until it is time to use the mixture.