Chicken Liver in Pomegranate Molasses
- 2.2 lb chicken liver, cleaned and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 4 tbsp. pomegranate molasses (adjust to taste)
- 1 - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Variation: Soy Sauce can be used to marinate the livers instead of
Vinegar and Lemon juice instead of Pomegranate Molasses.
- Rinse and clean the liver. Add vinegar, salt, black pepper and refrigerate
for an hour or two.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, stir in the liver and cook until browned.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the molasses and cook for five more minutes.
- Serve hot with pita bread.