Home Made Cheese
- 1/2 gallon milk (8 cups)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (vinegar can also be used)
- Bring milk to a boil, stirring often.
- Slowly add the lemon juice and stir.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Pour into a collander lined with a cheese cloth and let the whey drain.
- Rinse out with water to get rid of the lemon or vinegar taste. Squeeze out all the liquid.
- If not using the cheese for making desserts. Add salt and knead until smooth.
- Place the cheese on a baking sheet and flatten it.
- Refrigerate for about one hour then cut it into squares.
Tip: You can add any herbs and spices you like.