- 3 Romaine hearts, chilled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 cups croutons
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp. anchovy paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut or tear the lettuce into 2 inch pieces.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, cheese, anchovies and worcestershire sauce.
- Add lettuce and toss to coat leaves.
- Add croutons and serve immediately.
For main dish salads, top each serving of Caesar salad with a grilled chicken breast, steak or salmon fillet.