- 500 gr Beetroots
- ½ cup Tahini Sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp. lemon juice, adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp. water (adjust according to desired consistency)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
Notes: This recipe is a variation of the popular Middle
Eastern dish "Eggplant Mutabbal" or "Baba Ghanouj"; substituting beets for
Measurements in this recipe need not be exact. They can be adjusted to
You can substitute half the amount of tahini with plain yoghurt to make it
- Cook the beets in water until tender.
- Peel and grate the beets on the coarse side of a box grater OR
pulse in a food processor until you have a coarse puree.
- In a bowl, mix the tahini with lemon juice, add water and stir until you get a
- Add the beets, garlic and salt to the tahini sauce mixture and stir to combine.
Check flavors and adjust seasoning.
- Spread in a shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with Pita or Arabic flat bread.