Baked Bloomin Onion
This is a healthier version of the deep fried and battered Bloomin Onion.
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley or paprika (optional)
- Cut about 1/2-inch off top of onion; peel onion. Make about 6 horizontal and 6 vertical cuts in the onion; 1cm apart, leaving root base intact. Set onion on
a piece of foil.
- Top onion with butter or oil, thyme or oregano, salt and pepper. Wrap foil around seasoned bloom and pinch edges together tightly.
- Place wrapped onion upright in baking pan. Bake at 425°F 30 minutes, or until
tender and cooked but "petals" still have body and stand upright.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.